By Blessing Georgina, Hospitality Analyst
Most travelers book hotels based on a lie. They see the AI-generated lighting and the filtered menu photos and think they are buying luxury. As a Hospitality Analyst, I don’t look at the filters I look at the foundation.
Today, I’m breaking down why "expensive" doesn’t always mean "valuable" in the Ruiru hotel market.
when you look at a hotel’s website today, you aren't always looking at reality. Many properties now use AI-generated renders or heavy filters that hide nearby construction sites, small room sizes, and aging furniture.
In my analysis, I look for the "human touch." If the food looks too perfect to be real, it usually is. Filters hide the truth; an analyst reveals it. Before you book any stay in Kenya, I always recommend looking for verified guest photos—not just the ones the hotel paid for.
The 5/10 Score: The "Luxury Illusion" Exposed
Why did I give a "luxury" stay a 5/10? Because true hospitality isn’t just about a high price tag. It is about the Staff-to-Guest Ratio and the respect shown to a visitor’s time.
Whether you are a business traveler or a local guest, you are looking for value. A 5/10 hotel treats a guest like a transaction rather than an individual. For instance, if the menu you see online doesn’t exist when you actually sit down to eat, that isn't just a mistake it’s a failure of hospitality management.
Is This Hotel Right For You?
This specific property isn't a sanctuary for a professional who needs silence and fast Wi-Fi. It’s also not quite a budget-friendly spot for a student. This is what I call a "Social Hotel" it’s fine for a loud graduation party or a quick lunch, but it fails the test of a true high-end, restful stay.
Analyst Tip: Always check the socket placement and desk height in "real" guest photos. If a hotel didn't think about where you will charge your phone or work on your laptop, they didn't think about your comfort.



No comments:
Post a Comment